YOU NEED TO KNOW About repair electric shutters

Having worked in the PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) field for quite some time I have seen some astonishingly dangerous pieces of electrical equipment. Often that is down to poor awareness on the dangers of electricity. شایع‌ترین دلایل برای تعمیر کرکره برقی I’m writing this article to educate users to some of the dangers that can be found when using electrical goods and just why faulty goods should always be repaired before further use.

In the united kingdom alone around 1000 injuries occur because of electric shock every year, normally 30 of these will be fatal! This really implies that electricity must be taken seriously and is not any laughing matter. Visit my site to view failed items found during PAT testing.

Below I have listed probably the most common bad electrical practices and just why they can be dangerous:

Plugs without protective sleeves

Some older plugs don’t feature the protective sleeves on the phase and neutral pins of the plug. Basically which means that if you are plugging or un-plugging an appliance with this particular type of plug you are in danger of electric shock if you hold the plug incorrectly. In the event that you look at a modern plug you can view the protective sleeves on the pins as a different colour to the metal by the end of the pins. I’ve seen protective sleeves which were melted off a plug when overheating has occurred, if this has happened the plug could also have suffered internal damage.

Plugs rewired incorrectly

The most frequent fault when checking inside a plug is that the cable grip is either missing, loose or only clamping the average person insulation for the phase and neutral wires rather than the insulation for the cable also. The cable grip can be an important feature on plugs as a sharp tug could easily damage the wiring. Plugs which have been rewired incorrectly to the wrong polarity or are missing a link to earth are less common but can still be a danger.

Fuses

Not only is it surprisingly common for the incorrect fuse to be found when testing an appliance but occasionally I’ll find tin foil, a bolt or anything else that will conduct electricity instead of the fuse. Utilizing the correct fuse for the gear in use is essential as should a fault occur using the wrong fuse could be the difference between a blown fuse or a power fire / severe electric shock. When an item is protected by the wrong or no fuse in case of fault it can draw often more current than it must be able to. If that is short circuiting this can create a huge amount of heat and a fire before long at all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *